Assistance THIS Independent JOURNALISM
The report you are about to go through is from our reporters undertaking their essential work — investigating, looking into, and writing their tales. We want to present instructive and inspirational stories that connect you to the individuals, issues and prospects inside our group. Journalism involves tons of methods. Currently, our business enterprise design has been interrupted by the pandemic the vast bulk of our advertisers’ enterprises have been impacted. That is why the SC Instances is now turning to you for monetary assist. Find out extra about our new Insider’s system listed here. Thank you.
By OC Board Supervisor Lisa Bartlett
Are you a compact business or nonprofit in South Orange County’s artwork neighborhood and battling to remain afloat because of COVID-19? If so, then I invite you to implement for my Arts Relevant Small Organization & Nonprofit Grant Aid System.
About $1 million in grant funding is offered to support qualifying arts-connected tiny organizations and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19. Grant awards assortment from $5,000 to $20,000 for nonprofits dependent on organizational profits, and $5,000 to $12,000 for little enterprises based mostly on the selection of comprehensive-time equivalent staff members (FTE).
The on the internet software method opens on June 24 at 9 a.m. at charitableventuresoc.org/artsreliefd5/.
Grants will be awarded on a initially-arrive, very first-served foundation. Awardees will be reimbursed for qualified costs incurred from Jan. 1 to the present (as very long as other reduction method money were not gained for the exact same price).
In order to qualify, your business or nonprofit should fulfill the pursuing eligibility prerequisites:
- Must have no additional than 25 staff members (FTE).
- Will have to be a for-income business enterprise or nonprofit firm 501(c)(3), 501(c)(6), or 501(c)(19) and qualified to acquire federal funding.
- Dwelling-primarily based organizations are qualified (residence mortgages or owner’s income are not permissible charges).
- Unbiased contractors and sole proprietors are eligible, but money can’t be utilized for income, lost income, or dropped profits.
- Need to have been in operation on/before Feb 15, 2020 and have not permanently closed.
- Major place of business should be located inside the Fifth Supervisorial District.
- Need to be prepared to attest to a statement that the award was utilised as a reaction to the damaging financial influence of COVID-19 and attest to compliance with all local, state, and federal COVID recommendations and orders.
- Money are unable to be employed for tax income substitution, bank loan payments, or time beyond regulation.
- Thorough requirements can be found at charitableventuresoc.org/artsreliefd5.
So, never hold off. Obtain the needed files and post an application currently.
Lisa Bartlett sits on the Orange County Board of Supervisors, symbolizing the 5th District. She was reelected in 2018.
Become AN INSIDER Now
Trusted, correct and reliable neighborhood news stories are extra vital now than at any time. Assist our newsroom by making a contribution and getting a subscribing member currently.