PASADENA, Calif., June 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Alexandria True Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE: ARE), an urban business office REIT and the to start with, longest-tenured and groundbreaking operator, operator and developer uniquely centered on collaborative life science, agtech and technological know-how campuses in AAA innovation cluster destinations, with an asset foundation in North The usa of far more than 52 million SF, nowadays announced that it has launched its 2020 ESG Report. The report, which complies with the Main selection of the World Reporting Initiative (GRI) Benchmarks, reinforces Alexandria’s profound commitment to and execution of its groundbreaking environmental, social and governance (ESG) approach.
“For Alexandria, ESG is about significantly more than assembly concentrate on metrics — it is crucial to fulfilling our mission to advance human health and strengthen diet,” said Dean A. Shigenaga, president and chief monetary officer of Alexandria True Estate Equities, Inc. “We are very very pleased of the broad recognition we have received for our field-primary ESG initiatives, and we recognize that it is essential to proceed striving towards increased amounts of sustainability and ESG overall performance. We intention to make continuous enhancements to our ESG system, as properly as associate with our tenants to assist notice their ESG priorities, in order to generate long-expression development and make a favourable and meaningful effects on our culture.”
Alexandria’s 2020 ESG Report facts the company’s emphasis on tackling climate improve by decreasing carbon emissions affiliated with the construction and functions of its belongings, mitigating weather-associated risk in its true estate portfolio, and investing in and supplying essential infrastructure for sustainable agrifoodtech providers catalyzing the wellness, wellness, basic safety and productiveness of its staff, tenants, area communities and the planet at big via the built atmosphere and its visionary social obligation initiatives and upholding the greatest levels of transparency, integrity and accountability. Notable attempts and achievements offered in the report contain:
- Remaining identified as the #1 actual estate corporation in the planet in the World wide Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) Science & Technological innovation sector and earning the #1 worldwide rating and a 5 Star rating — GRESB’s maximum rating — in the Diversified Listed Peer Group, as very well as sustaining its “A” disclosure score
- Rating as the #3 most sustainable REIT in Barron’s “Major 10 Most Sustainable REITs, In accordance to Calvert”
- Revolutionizing the style and design of its buildings via progressive very low-carbon remedies and local climate-resilient measures, like at 685 Gateway Boulevard in South San Francisco which is monitoring toward the firm’s 1st Zero Electricity Certification through the Global Living Long term Institute (ILFI), and at 325 Binney Avenue, a advancement undertaking developed to be the most sustainable laboratory developing in Cambridge
- Turning into the 1st business to obtain a Fitwel Viral Response Certification with Difference, the highest designation in just the new module
- Demonstrating development towards its 2025 environmental goals for carbon, electricity, drinking water and squander, like minimizing its like-for-like complete carbon emissions by 19.6% relative to a 2015 baseline
- Actively using the Embodied Carbon in Development Calculator (EC3) tool to measure and cut down embodied carbon
- Donating mission-important cash to more than 340 non-income businesses, as effectively as volunteering above 2,400 hours by means of Operation Treatment, the firm’s worker social effects plan
- Groundbreaking OneFifteen, a novel, details-driven comprehensive care design on an integrated campus in Dayton, Ohio, that delivers the total continuum of care to assistance the sustained restoration of persons with opioid dependancy and
- Earning the 2021 Nareit Gold Investor Treatment (Communications and Reporting Excellence) Award in the Big Cap Equity REIT classification, its fourth consecutive and sixth total Gold Award for remarkable shareholder communications and reporting excellence.
About Alexandria Authentic Estate Equities, Inc.
Alexandria True Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE: ARE), an S&P 500® city business REIT, is the very first, longest-tenured and groundbreaking operator, operator and developer uniquely concentrated on collaborative lifestyle science, agtech and technology campuses in AAA innovation cluster destinations, with a total market place capitalization of $32.5 billion as of March 31, 2021, and an asset foundation in North The usa of 52.6 million SF. The asset foundation in North The usa contains 33.9 million RSF of working houses and 4. million RSF of Class A houses going through development, 7.3 million RSF of in the vicinity of-expression and intermediate-time period development and redevelopment initiatives and 7.4 million SF of foreseeable future growth projects. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has because proven a considerable industry presence in important areas, including Higher Boston, the San Francisco Bay Place, New York Town, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland and Research Triangle. Alexandria has a longstanding and tested monitor history of developing Class A homes clustered in city lifestyle science, agtech and engineering campuses that present our revolutionary tenants with really dynamic and collaborative environments that enrich their capability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and encourage productiveness, efficiency, creativity and success. Alexandria also delivers strategic cash to transformative lifestyle science, agtech and technological innovation firms through our enterprise cash platform. We believe our one of a kind business enterprise model and diligent underwriting make sure a significant-top quality and diverse tenant base that final results in greater occupancy degrees, for a longer period lease conditions, higher rental money, bigger returns and better lengthy-time period asset worth. For extra information on Alexandria, make sure you pay a visit to www.are.com.
The Environmental, Social & Governance Report is intended to spotlight our endeavours in environmental sustainability, social responsibility and company governance (ESG). Socially liable investing is qualitative and subjective by nature, and there is no assure that the requirements utilized, or judgment exercised, by Alexandria will mirror the beliefs or values of any one specific trader. Certain info concerning ESG methods is obtained from revealed resources or third parties, which may perhaps not be exact or finish, and Alexandria is dependent on this kind of info to consider and put into action ESG methods. The specifications of measurement and general performance for ESG troubles are acquiring or are based on assumptions, and norms may range by area. There is no assurance that Alexandria will productively implement any of the ESG policies, methods or methods outlined in the ESG Report, or that, if applied, this sort of procedures, tactics and processes will have any unique ESG-linked influence. Past overall performance should really not be considered as a guide to upcoming efficiency. Alexandria tends to make no illustration or guarantee regarding the facts established forth in the ESG Report.
This press release involves “ahead-seeking statements” inside the this means of Segment 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Part 21E of the Securities Trade Act of 1934, as amended. This kind of forward-seeking statements contain, without having limitation, statements regarding Alexandria’s initiatives, systems, insurance policies, techniques, investments, assessments, development, and performance in connection with our ESG objectives the reduction of carbon, power and other source use the mitigation of local weather possibility and reduction of environmental impacts LEED and healthy making certifications and efficiencies allocation or use of proceeds for sustainable or ESG purposes diversity and inclusion efforts impacts of initiatives to market overall health and nicely-remaining of our and our tenants’ workforce and beyond effects of engagements with city-run performing teams and communities predicted functions and effectiveness (including the affect of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic) and the achievement of our and our tenants’ initiatives in connection with COVID-19, this sort of as diagnostics, testing, therapies, vaccines, philanthropy and mitigation solutions. These ahead-searching statements are centered on the company’s current intent, beliefs or expectations, but forward-looking statements are not certain to manifest and may well not happen. Genuine benefits might vary materially from those contained in or implied by the company’s ahead-wanting statements as a result of a wide range of components, which include, without having limitation, the challenges and uncertainties specific in its filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All ahead-on the lookout statements are produced as of the date of this push release, and the firm assumes no obligation to update this details. For much more discussion relating to hazards and uncertainties that could induce precise benefits to differ materially from all those anticipated in the company’s ahead-wanting statements, and risks and uncertainties to the firm’s enterprise in typical, please refer to the firm’s filings with the Securities and Trade Commission, such as its most latest once-a-year report on Kind 10-K and any subsequently submitted quarterly reviews on Sort 10-Q.
Speak to: Sara Kabakoff, Vice President – Communications, (626) 788–5578, [email protected]
Resource Alexandria Actual Estate Equities, Inc.